BUCKEYES WITHOUT BORDERS
WHO WE ARE
Buckeyes Without Borders is a non-profit student organization at the Ohio State University. Comprised of an interdisciplinary team of both student and professional healthcare providers, we work to identify communities in need of medical care within a global context. We then aim to send medical brigades to these areas so that these underserved populations can receive the same medical attention that every person deserves.
OUR MISSION: Buckeyes Without Borders strives to foster global health awareness and teach OSU health professional students the benefits of an interdisciplinary healthcare team on positive patient outcomes through outreach and education in underserved communities local and abroad, where we identify and treat the medical needs of their populations.
OUR CAUSE: Help us send a medical brigade to underserved communities in order to provide medical care to areas that are in the most need. While at these communities, we will provide:
- Free medications for patients to treat illnesses and conditions that may go left untreated otherwise
- Doctors and therapists for patients to be seen by in clinic so that their medical needs can identified and treated
- Patient specific education regarding each individual’s own health concerns
- Education on important health issues for young adolescents
- The opportunity for a student healthcare team to apply their clinical knowledge and learn within an interdisciplinary environment, thus creating better and more well-versed health care providers for the future